One thing leads to another. By reducing operator errors you
reduce your turnback rate. You also improve your first-time
pass yield at run test. Most importantly, you provide your
customers consistent quality, which is, in turn, rewarded
by lower warranty costs, higher repeat sales and positive
It is always
more cost efficient to get the job done right the first time.
am convinced the cost opportunity in front of us of real quality
is easily $2 billion a year. We could double operating income
in UTC with perfect quality.”
David, UTC Chairman and CEO
Ito University–Opening Remarks, July 13, 1998
TOP TEN ADVANTAGES
FOR YOUR PLANT:
1. Increase the productivity of your
2. Eliminate costly reworks by
enabling assemblers to get it right the first time.
3. Reduce in-field unit failures
and warranty costs.
4. Reduce skill level requirements
and adjust pay scales accordingly.
5. Transcend language and literacy
6. Train new operators on the fly.
7. Respond quickly to employee
absences with fill-in operators.
8. Reduce scrap and downtime by
eliminating operator errors.
9. Replace cryptic wiring diagrams
and paper-based work instructions.
10. Set the work pace with RealityPV's
programmable step timers.